Canada Chain and Forge occupied a number of buildings on Granville Island and their sign can still be seen on Anderson Street above the parkade entrance. Granville Island employees discovered a massive chain link left behind by the company in 2009, which can still be found inside the parkade today.
Central indoor parking lot, entrance off Johnston Street just opposite The Creekhouse. Parking is paid from 7 am to 7 pm, free from 7 pm to 7 am.
Granville Island was initially named Industrial Island, but “Granville”, named after the bridge that runs directly overhead, was the name that stuck.
Granville Island’s first business opened in 1917. BC Equipment Ltd repaired and assembled equipment for the mining and forestry industries....